There are plenty of options when it comes to winches, Smittybilt is one of the famous ones out there. But for a newbie deciding which model is best can be a bit tricky.
Therefore, we have created this guide specifically for you. we’ll reveal all the aspects you need to know and consider when choosing a Smittybilt winch.
Then we’ll recommend some of the best models on the market right now.
Let’s get started!
Top 3 Smittybilt Winches On The Market (Revealed!)
We have done the research on the market to be able to compile the following list of the best Smittybilt winches that you can buy confidently.
Smittybilt X2O COMP - Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch - 10,000 lb. Load Capacity
- Your purchase includes: Smittybilt X20 Comp Synthetic Rope Winch, hawse fairlead with forged hook, All required power cables to hook up to your vehicle, Rope Sleeve and Wireless Remote
- Winch can be operated with the remote or manually
- Technical Specification: 6.6 HP Amphibious motor, 3-Stage Planetary Gear System, Stainless Steel Hardware, Dynamic Braking System, 2 Solenoid Mounting Options
- Overall Dimensions: 22.3"L x 5.4"W x 9.4" H. Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10” x 4.5”. Net weight: 67lbs.
- Completely Waterproof, state-of-the-art 500AMP Solenoid
Smittybilt GEN 2 XRC Winch | 9,500 Pound Load Capacity
- Your purchase includes One Smittybilt GEN2 XRC Winch, 97495 model with 9,500 lbs. load capacity
- Winch dimensions: 22.3” L x 5.4” W x 9.4” H | Product Weight: 78 lbs. | Weight capacity: 9,500 lbs. | Cable type – 93.5” diameter, Wire rope | Motor – 6.6hp | Control – 12” lead | Gear-train – 3-stage planetary | Fairlead – 4-way roller
- Completely Waterproof, state-of-the-art 500AMP Solenoid
- Kit comes complete with all wiring required for installation. Smittybilt recommends using supplied wiring
- Smittybilt offers a limited lifetime for replacement to the original purchaser on stainless steel products. Dual-stage, powder coated products carry a 5-year or 100,000 mile warrany, whichever comes first
Smittybilt 98695 XRC 9.5K GEN3 Winch COMP Series
- STRONGER - 7. 0 HP Motor is the highest rated HP in the industry
- FASTER - 12% Average line speed increase over the Gen2, adding more speed and power with less AMP draw at load
- EASIEST TO USE - Winching and spooling in dark conditions is a breeze with remote's built-in flashlight
- INNOVATIVE - New Load Indicator Warning System will always tell you how much your equipment can handle, plus many other new features
- 9, 500 GEN3 COMP series winch features a synthetic rope and aluminum hawse fairlead
A Guide On How To Choose The Best Smittybilt Winch
In this section, we will go ahead and show you how to choose the right model of Smittybilt winch. Besides, answering some of the frequently asked questions about the product.
Is smittybilt any good?
This is a question that gets asked a lot, and for good reason. Smittybilt has been around for a long time and has a reputation for making high-quality products.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when considering a smittybilt winch. First, it’s important to understand what you need the winch for. Smittybilt offers a variety of different winches, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Second, it’s important to make sure you’re getting a good deal on the winch. There are a lot of different places to buy winches, and the prices can vary significantly.
Finally, it’s important to read the reviews before purchasing a smittybilt winch. This will give you a good idea of what other customers think about the product and whether or not it’s right for you.
Overall, smittybilt winches are a great choice for those who need a high-quality, reliable winch. Just be sure to do your research before making a purchase.
Where are smittybilt winches built?
Smittybilt winches are built in Southern California, USA. The company has been manufacturing winches since 1956 and is a leader in the off-road industry.
What is the biggest smittybilt winch?
The X2O 10,000 lb. winch is the largest smittybilt winch offered. It has a waterproof IP68 rating and a 6.6hp motor. It also has a synthetic rope that is 100′ long and a remote control.
How many pounds can a smittybilt winch pull?
Smittybilt winches range from 2,000 lb. to 10,000 lb. pulling capacity. The X2O 10,000 lb. winch is the most powerful model offered by the company.
How long is the warranty on a smittybilt winch?
Smittybilt offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of their winches. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the winch.
Is Smittybilt better than Warn winches?
This is a difficult question to answer as both companies offer high-quality winches. However, some people may prefer Smittybilt winches because they are built in the USA. Others may prefer Warn winches because they offer a longer warranty. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide which brand is better for them.
Popular Smittybilt Winch Models
While researching online you might find a lot of reviews talking about different Smittybilt winches but we are going to narrow it down for you and present only the top 3 models which can make it easier for you to choose one.
Smittybilt X2O COMP
The X2O COMP is Smittybilt’s top of the line electric winch. With a 12,000 pound pulling capacity and industry leading features, it’s easy to see why the X2O COMP is a favorite among off-road enthusiasts. Here’s a closer look at what makes this winch so special.
See the following video where the Smittybilt X20 COMP is put to the test.
Smittybilt XRC GEN 2
The Smittybilt XRC GEN 2 is the next generation of Smittybilt’s popular XRC winch line. With a 9,500 pound pulling capacity and many of the same features as the X2O COMP, the XRC GEN 2 is a great choice for those who want a high-quality winch without breaking the bank.
See The following video where we the Smittybuilt XRC GEN 2 is put to the test. as well as so that you know more details and what to expect.
Smittybilt 98695 XRC
The Smittybilt 98695 XRC winch is a great choice for those who need a reliable and affordable winch. With a 6,000 pound pulling capacity, it’s perfect for those who don’t need the extra power of the X2O COMP or XRC GEN 2.
Watch the following video to see an overview about the Smittybilt 98695 XRC, how powerful it is and what to expect.
If you’re in the market for a Smittybilt winch, hopefully, this guide has helped make your decision easier.
If you can’t decide yet then we recommend you go for Smittybilt X2O COMP as it’s the most suitable model for almost anyone, it’s easy to use, reliable and most importantly powerful to handle the major daily tasks you might have bought for.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. If you found it helpful, we would really apperciate it if you can share it. Otherwise, stay awesome (: