A winch mount can come in very handy when you need to pull or move something that’s too heavy or awkward for you to handle on your own.
In this informative guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about winch mounting plates so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
Then reveal some of our recommendations along with the features of each item. So whether you’re looking for your first mount plate or just want to learn more about them, read on!
12 Best Winch Mount Plates To Buy [Revealed]
We have analyzed the market, compared the features of hundreds of products then compiled the following list of the best winch mounts that you can buy.
ELITEWILL 2" Receiver Universal Trailer Hitch Winch Mount Plate for ATV UTV Winch Cradle Mounting Bracket
- Standard Fit:The winch mount is equipped with a standard 2-inch shank to fit fits all 2" trailer hitch receiver.
- Universal Winch Mount:This receiver allows you using a trailer hitch to attach a winch to your ATV or UTV.And pre-drilled winch mount fits most winches,it can be installed as needed.
- Front Or Rear Mounted:This trailer hitch can be mounted on the front or rear of the ATV or UTV, wherever a standard 2-inch receiver is properly installed.
- Protect Your Winch:Winch mount black powder coating can protect the winch mount from sun and rain.
- Durable Construction:This winch mounting plate is made of heavy duty steel that can make it durable and suitable for longer.
PLIOSAUR Winch Mount Plate - 15000Lbs Capacity Winch Mounting Hitch, Recovery Winch Cradle, Bumper 2'' Hitch Receiver with Folding Bracket,10" x 4 1/2"
- Mounting Dimension：Suitable for standard 10 "x4-1/2" mounting plates
- Product material：The mounting plate is made of high-strength steel for ultimate strength and rigidity, while the housing is black rust resistant powder coated for corrosion resistance
- Capacity range：Suitable for 8000 to 15000 lbs winches
- Installation method：The installation method is simple and easy to use, and can be directly installed on the frame
- Suitable Vehicles：Standard universal dimensions ensure mounting plates are suitable for trucks, ATV, 4x4, trailers, and any 4WD vehicle
ZEAK 36'' Universal Winch Mounting Plate 13000lb Mount for Truck Off Road, Winch Mount Recovery Winches
- Zeak winch cradle mount is a secure platform to accommodate bigger winch to eliminate Fairlend interference.
- A black powder coating, wherever you put it or wet by rain for a long time, it will prevent the mount from rusting.
- Made by heavy duty steel, durable construction construction have longer operating life.
- Using standard winch bolt pattern, fits a variety of winches.
- If you have questions or require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact with us.
ZEAK Cradle Winch Recovery Mounting Plate, 10'' × 4-1/2‘’ Universal fit Winch Mounting Plate, 15000 lb. Capacity
- ZEAK cradle winch mounting plate own an Anti-rust powder coat finish,a durable black powder coating, which can be guaranteed not to rust easily and easy to clean.
- Suitable for trucks, trailers and any other 4WD vehicles.
- Standard 10’’x4-1/2’’ winch mount pattern,it’s easy for everyone to install this cradle winch
- The Zeak cradle winch mounting made of heavy duty steel ,durable construction.It is suitable for 8000lb to 15000lb winches,be tailor for 4WD competiton
- ZEAK products provide lifetime technical support.If you have any problem please contact us at any time.
WARN 101255 Winch Mount for Jeep Gladiator JT & Wrangler JL
$309.00 in stock
- Strictly engineered and certified to withstand 12,000-lb pulls
- Positions winch to improve airflow; Delivers zero interference with the grille
- Constructed with 6mm thick steel
- Easy to install with no cutting, grinding, or drilling
- Designed, tested, and manufactured in the USA
OFF ROAD BOAR Universal Winch Mount Plate - 15000Lbs Capacity Winch Mounting Hitch , Recovery Winch Cradle, Bumper 2'' Hitch Receiver with Folding Bracket
- 【Premium Choice】: The winch mounting plate applies fabricated steel in the manufacturing of this winch mount for ultimate strength and rigidity, and corrosion-resistant housing for superior durability.
- 【Flexibility & Compatibility】: This winch mount hitch reciever is suitable for standard 10"x4-1 / 2" winch rated between up to 8,000 -15,000 pounds winch;
- 【Easy to Store】: The folding size of this hitch winch mount is 13.78" x10.43", and it can be easily stored and placed in the trunk of the car without disassembly. It takes up less space and can be easily taken out and installed quickly when needed;
- 【Multiple Installation Methods】: There are 3 screw mounting holes on both sides of the base, and the installation method can be selected according to actual needs;This specially engineered winch mount can be easily mounted to both front and rear of the vehicle, which could greatly expand its versatility in use.
- 【Suitable for Most Vehicles】: The standard universal size ensures that the mounting plate is suitable for any four-wheel drive vehicle: truck, ATV, 4x4, trailer, etc.
ORCISH Bumper Hitch Receiver Winch Mount Mounting Plate, Winch Cradle Mounting Plate- 15000 Lb Capacity
- Heavy Duty Steel Construction:This winch mounting plate Features heavy duty steel a durable black powder coating, even put it outdoor or wet by rain for a long time, our winch mounting plate can be guaranteed not to rust easily and keep the original state， insures its long lifespan.
- 15,000 Large Carrying Capacity:Perfect for 8000 lb to 15000lb winches, heavy duty construction and is designed to mounting a self recovery winch to your vehicles.
- Easy Installation:Package includes hitch pin and clip, as well as 10" on center fairlead bolt pattern and 10" x 4 1/2" standard winch mount pattern ensure the installation is more convenient. Everyone can use this cradle winch mount easily.
- Folding Design for Easy Carry and Store:The folding size of 13.78"x10.43" is convenient for you to store the mounting plate anywhere and carry it with you, saving a lot of space.
- Professional after-sales team: All kits are provided with lifetime technical support and one-year limited warranty.If there is any problem during the purchase period, please contact us at any time, and we will provide the most professional and timely service.
Extreme Max 5600.3084 Universal 2" Receiver Hitch Winch Mount for ATV / UTV , Black
$66.19 in stock
2 used from $47.90
- Winch mount fits any 2" receiver hitch for multiple applications: ATV, UTV, lawn and garden equipment, etc.
- Universal design, pre-drilled for 2 and 4-bolt winches, and hawse or roller fairleads
- Heavy gauge powder-coated steel mounting plate fit winches up to 3600 lbs.
- Plate Dimensions: 5-5/8" wide x 6-1/8" length
- Two-year replacement warranty
Badland Winches ATV/Utility Winch Mounting Plate
- Bracket for fairlead and winch mounting
- Designed for our badland 2000 lb. and 3000 lb. ATV winches
- Heavy duty 6 gauge steel construction
- Tough powder coat finish to resist rust
Rough Country Winch Mounting Kit for 1987-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ YJ - 1189
3 used from $54.71
- Mounts to your factory front bumper.
- Will accommodate most winches on the market.
- Uses Standard Winch Bolt Pattern
- Add D-Rings to your Stock Bumper using Rough Country Kit 1169
Rough Country Hidden Winch Mounting Plate (fits) 2009-2014 F150 | Recovery System | OEM Bumper Winch Mount | 1010 , Black
- Hidden Winch Plate Install Stealth Mounted OEM Front Bumper.
- Factory Bumper Stays in Stock Location | Doesn't Impact Airflow | Standard Winch | 4.5x10" Bolt Pattern.
- Built with Heavy Duty 1/4" Steel | Durable Black Powdercoat | Solenoid Relocation Bracket / Hardware.
- Easy at Home Installation Supported by RC.
- Backed by Rough Countrys Lifetime Warranty.
WARN 37170 Fixed Winch Mount for Jeep Wrangler (1997-2006)
- Solid steel construction
- Mounts the following WARN winches: PowerPlant HP and HD, Endurance 12.0, VR12, VR10, 9.5cti, 9.5xp, XD9i, XD9, M8, VR8, M6
- Works with the WARN Rock Crawler bumper, standard factory bumper, or the optional factory tube bumper
- For extra protection, add the Grille Guard tube
- Limited 1 year warranty
Winch Mount Plates: Complete Guide
Now that you have seen our favorite picks, Let’s discuss some of the important key points through this informative guide.
What is a winch mount?
A winch mount is a specialized type of mount that is designed to be used with a winch. They are typically made from heavy-duty materials such as steel or aluminum, and they often feature reinforced construction in order to better support the weight of a winch.
Winch mounts can be mounted on the front or rear of a vehicle, and they typically come with all of the necessary hardware for installation.
In most cases, they will also include a fairlead mount, which is designed to support the winch’s fairlead (a pulley system that helps to guide the winch’s cable).
What are the benefits of winch mounts?
Winch mounts offer a number of benefits, the most important of which is safety.
When used properly, it can help to distribute the weight of a winch evenly, which minimizes the risk of the mount breaking or coming loose during use.
In addition, it can also help to protect a vehicle’s frame from damage that can be caused by the winch’s pulling force.
Another benefit of winch mounts is that they offer a convenient way to store a winch when it is not in use.
Winch mounts can also be used in conjunction with a winch bumper, which offers additional protection for a vehicle’s bumper and body.
What are the different types of winch mounts?
There are several different types of winch trailer mount, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The most common type is a bumper-mounted mount, which attaches to the front or rear bumper of a vehicle.
Bumper-mounted mounts are typically very strong and offer a high degree of protection for a vehicle, but they can be difficult to install and remove.
Another type of winch mount is a frame-mounted mount, which attaches to the frame of a vehicle.
Frame-mounted mounts are typically easier to install and remove than bumper-mounted mounts, but they may not offer as much protection for a vehicle.
How to choose the right winch mount for your vehicle?
When choosing a winch mount, it is important to consider the type of vehicle that you will be using it with.
For example, if you have a small car or SUV, a bumper-mounted mount may not be the best option, as it could damage the bumper during use.
In this case, a frame-mounted mount would be a better choice.
It is also important to consider the weight of the winch that you will be using, as this will determine the size and strength of the mount that you need.
Finally, make sure to choose a mount that is compatible with the fairlead mount that you are using.
If you are unsure about which mount to choose, consult with a professional who specializes in this field.
How to install a winch mount?
Installing a winch mount is a relatively simple process, but it is important to follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid damaging your vehicle.
In most cases, the mount will attach to the bumper or frame of the vehicle using bolts or brackets.
Once the mount is in place, you will need to attach the fairlead mount to the mount using the provided hardware.
Finally, you will need to attach the winch to the mount using the provided bolts or brackets.
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid damaging your vehicle.
Watch the following video to see the instructions and the installation process step by step.
Winch mount safety tips
When using a winch mount, it is important to follow some basic safety tips in order to avoid accidents or injuries:
- First, always make sure that the mount is securely attached to the vehicle before using the winch.
- Second, be careful not to overload the winch, as this could cause the mount to break or come loose.
- Third, never use the winch to pull a vehicle up an incline, as this could cause the mount to break or come loose.
- Finally, always be sure to disconnect the winch from the mount before driving the vehicle.
Following these simple safety tips will help to ensure that you have a safe and successful experience when using a winch mount.
Do you need a mounting plate for a winch?
If you are using a frame-mounted winch, you will need to install a mounting plate in order to attach the winch to the frame of the vehicle.
Bumper-mounted winches do not require a mounting plate.
Do winch mounts come with hardware?
Most winch mounts will come with the hardware needed for installation, but it is always a good idea to check before purchasing.
What is the best way to secure a winch mount?
In most cases, the best way to secure a winch mount is to bolt or bracket it to the frame of the vehicle.
This will provide the strongest possible hold and prevent the mount from coming loose during use.
Can you use a winch without a mount?
You can technically use a winch without a mount, but it is not recommended.
Without a mount, the winch will not be securely attached to the vehicle, which could lead to accidents or injuries.
It is always best to use a winch with a mount.
How thick should a winch mounting plate be?
The thickness of the winch mounting plate will depend on the size and weight of the winch that you are using.
In most cases, a plate that is 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick will be sufficient.
Are all winch mounts the same?
No, all winch mounts are not the same.
There are a variety of different types of mounts available, and each one is designed for use with specific types of vehicles and winches.
Can you mount a winch on a bull bar?
Yes, you can mount a winch on a bull bar.
However, it is important to make sure that the bar is strong enough to support the weight of the winch.
- Capstan Winches: Everything You Should Know
- Synthetic Winch Rope Full Guide
- KFI winches: The Complete Guide
- Come Along Winches Complete Guide
- Hand Winches: The comprehensive Guide
Winch mounts are an important piece of equipment for off-road enthusiasts and weekend warriors.
By understanding the different types available and what to look for when choosing, you can buy with confidence and be ready to tackle whatever comes your way.
We’ve revealed our favorite options that will serve you well, but there are many others on the market that may work just as well for your needs.
Thanks for reading … If you liked the article share it. Otherwise, stay awesome (: